Municipal elections will be held on October 26, 2022. If you are interested in running for the Rural Municipality of Rockwood Council or would like more information on what is involved in being the Reeve or a Councilor before making a decision, the Rural Municipality of Rockwood will be hosting an information session on July 20, 2022. The session will be held in the Balmoral Community Hall located at 6003 E Road PR 236 (Road 85N) starting at 7:00 p.m.
The session is expected to last 1.5 to 2 hours and will provide information on many topics including:
- Terminology (Act, By-law, Resolution, etc.)
- Information about the Rural Municipality of Rockwood and how it operates
- Overview of applicable Province of Manitoba legislation
- Roles of Reeve, Council, CAO/Administration
- How Council gives Administration direction
- Committees, meetings and time commitments
- Election financing rules
The presentation will be given by Mr. Ernie Epp of Way To Go Consulting Inc. Mr. Epp has over 35 years experience in local government, and for the past 10 years has been providing a wide variety of consulting services to many municipalities in Manitoba.
Walk-ins are welcome but for planning purposes it would be appreciated if those interested in attending would pre-register by contacting the Rural Municipality of Rockwood Administration Office at 204-467-2272 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org